While some of you out there may not mind the accumulation of dirt, leaves, pebbles and pet fur inside your car, there are plenty of us who simply can’t tolerate the mess. Since you set out in search of a good car vacuum, we guess that you are the latter!
Since not many of us give much thought to this type of gadget, we often end up wasting money on cheap ones with oversized attachments and weak motors. We have been there, and we know it’s frustrating!
Forget cheap vacuums with not enough suction power to remove a grain of sand from the beach; with the help of our extensive vacuum knowledge and research findings, we will make it quick and easy for you to find a car vacuum.
15 vacuums, 15 detailed reviews, and just one goal: to help you find the best car vacuum for your money and your cleaning expectations.
Top 15 Car Vacuums Complete Table
|Picture||Model||Handheld?||Cord and Hose||Rating (1 to 5)|
|Picture||Model||Handheld?||Cord and Hose||Rating (1 to 5)|
|1. Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX||Yes||Cordless||4.8|
|2. Metropolitan Vac 'n' Blo VNB-83BA||No||12 ft. cord, 6 ft. hose (plus hose extensions)||4.6|
|3. Hoover Vacuum Cleaner GUV L2310||No||5 ft. cord, 30 ft. hose||4.5|
|4. RIDGID Wet Dry Vacuums VAC4010||No||20 ft. cord, 8 ft. hose||4.5|
|5. Armor All 2.5 Gallon Utility Wet/Dry AA255||No||10 ft. cord, 6 ft. hose||4.4|
|6. Dyson V6 Trigger||Yes||Cordless||4.3|
|7. Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51||Yes||18 ft. cord, 2 ft. hose||4.1|
|8. Shop-Vac 1.5 Gallon All-In-One||No||18 ft. cord, 7 ft. hose||4.1|
|9. Dirt Devil Scorpion Quick Flip SD20005RED||Yes||16 ft. cord||4.0|
|10. HOTOR DC12-Volt 106W||Yes||16.4 ft. cord, 2.36 ft. hose||4.0|
|11. BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L||Yes||Cordless||3.9|
|12. Eureka EasyClean 71B||Yes||20 ft. cord, 3 ft. hose||3.8|
|13. Stanley Black & Decker FHV1200W||Yes||Cordless, 4 ft. hose||3.7|
|14. Hoover Air Cordless 20V BH52160PC||Yes||Cordless||3.7|
|15. Shark Cordless Pet Perfect II (SV780)||Yes||Cordless||3.4|
Why Choose a Car Vacuum, Anyways?
To us, there are three very good reasons to purchase a vacuum specifically designed for car use: accessibility, easy storage, and proper attachments.
- Car Vacuum vs. Regular Vacuum – Cleaning your car can be a challenge, especially if you tend to drag you regular house vacuum outside and try to make it work for your vehicle. The problem with the regular vacuum, however, is that it just isn’t capable of reaching all of the tight spaces. A vacuum designed specifically for cleaning inside your car can access all of the hard-to-reach places, including the air vents, between the seats and door jams, as well as in between the seat cushions.
Sure, you can save money if you use the same vacuum for multiple cleaning tasks, but if you’re serious about achieving a squeaky-clean car interior, then you need to purchase a vacuum that can handle the job. Whether you’re a car detailer, a car retailer, or just a car owner who wants to keep your ride looking and smelling good, a vacuum designed for car use will easily outperform a regular household vac any day.
- Easy Storage – The best car vacuum is designed to create minimal hurdles when cleaning up and storing it. One of the major advantages is that most can be easily stored in the trunk (the exception is with a wall mounted utility vacuum such as the Hoover L2310 GUV Wall-Mounted Utility Vacuum, which we will look at in detail later). Whether you go for a corded or a battery-operated unit, storing it in your car isn’t an issue.
Their compact size also allows you to hold them with just one hand, which also makes them easier to use.
- Car-Friendly Attachments Included – Most of the car vacuum cleaners will have attachments that are designed for cleaning a car: these may include an upholstery tool, crevice tool and small, specialty tools that allow you to clean the air vents and other tiny crevices on the control panel. If the vacuum that you are interested in purchasing does not come with extra attachments that you need, then see if the manufacturer sells them separately.
Something critical to remember: if you are looking for a vacuum to clean the seats and the carpets, too (which contain more dirt), consider an attachment with a brush; this will handle the dirt easier than thought.
Most Important Features to Consider When Choosing
There are several things to consider before making the ultimate choice, and the most important things you need to take into consideration before you purchase one include:
- Car Size and Use – It is the first thing to think about before you even go any further. If the car is a just a small sedan, for example, opting for a small auto vacuum will do the job. Big cars will, however, need a bigger vacuum cleaner. I cannot rule out the issue of how you use your car. A car meant to go to work will require less cleaning than a large family car that is used for trips and long distance traveling.
- Suction Power – Suction power depends on how you use the vacuum and not necessarily about having a car vacuum with the best suction power. Carrying pets in your car, for instance, will need you to get a more powerful handheld vacuum with enough power to pull out hair even in the most hidden parts of your car. It is not always guaranteed to have such power but if that’s what you want, well and good, go for it.
- Attachments – They are crucial when choosing any car vacuum cleaner. It is always a good idea to go for one with numerous attachments of different types. They will ease the cleaning task, and it will be convenient when reaching the tight spots.
- Wet, Dry or a Combination of Both – You are in a better position when opting for a vacuum cleaner that serves both cases. The main reason for this is that you don’t know when you will have drinks in the car and then one of them accidentally spills. At such a point, you will be very much prepared to counter the problem.
Other Considerations: Think About the Power Source
A car vacuum exercise should not limit you to only going for the electric ones. You have three options when it comes to the power source: corded or battery-operated or automobile-powered vacuums. Do you have a preference?
- Corded – Corded car vacuums offer you much more powerful suction due to the constant connection to the power source. If you know that you will have an outlet nearby at all times and need to use the vacuum for long periods, then this is the best type of car vacuum you can purchase.
- Battery-Operated – They are more convenient when compared with the previous option. Using a car vacuum that derives power from the batteries is much better since you can use it anywhere. They are lighter, easy to use and storing them is not a problem.
If you are, however, looking for one with the decent suction power, this would not be the most appropriate choice since the battery will limit your usage and recharging it is time-consuming.
- Automobile-Powered Vacs – These present to you the better part of the above options. You get the convenience of a charged vacuum and the power similar to that of a wall plugin. The only downside is that you get less power that the wall plugin type.
On the other hand, you don’t have to look for a socket or worry about charging.
Don’t Forget the Small Details
Here are a few other small details that you shouldn’t forget about when it comes to choosing a car vacuum.
- Carpet brushes to handle the shoe dirt.
- Always look for a car vacuum with replaceable filters especially if you allow pets into the car.
- Cord length matters: if you don’t have an outlet nearby, then you should opt for something with at least 18-20 feet of cord. Alternatively, you could go for a cordless option so you don’t have to worry about it!
15 Best Car Vacuum Reviews
1. Black+Decker BDH2000PL MAX – Best Handheld, Cordless and Portable Car Vacuum
With 20 volts ready for disposal, the Black+Decker BDH2000PL is the vacuum that many have been looking for.
It is powerful and light, which makes it an ideal problem solver when cleaning your car. It comes with outstanding features that make it more valuable than the amount you coughed up when purchasing it. A comprehensive summary of its features include:
- The Model Scheme – The unique design is something that many would fall for once in possession of this vacuum cleaner. The nozzle has a pivoting action that helps you access places that are normally beyond reach with other units. With the nozzle rolling and clipping at different junctures, the robust motor delivers the cleaning air. We cannot disregard the cyclonic action that reduces the overall cleaning time, which would otherwise double without it.
- Easy Cleaning Mechanism – The B&D will clean your car without having to worry about the dirt – the bag-less dirt bowl is there to hold the debris. Easiness extends to washing when done since the filter can also be cleaned quickly; this makes the filter reusable and you there is no bag needed.
- High-Performance Batteries – The Lithium-ion batteries require less charging, but the output is always great, to say the least. You will be astonished by the suction power, which you won’t find in most similar handheld vacuums.
- 3-Stage Filtration Process – Looking at the 2000PL, cleaning involves a flip-up brush, a plicate filter, and a charging base. The combination of the three results will provide you with outstanding results once you are done cleaning.
Black+Decker BDH2000PL Max is a high-quality vacuum that does what is expected without many hurdles. We tried this vacuum among others in the same class, and we found that there is more power in this vacuum compared to other compact vacuums, and the battery life is superior.
Some of the other cordless models we tested would only last for about five minutes before needing to be recharged, but not this one; it lasts up to 20 minutes of constant cleaning.
You might feel the pinch when you fork over the cash for this vacuum, but that feeling will disappear once you realize that the whole car is clean and the vacuum is still running. If you love convenience when cleaning your car, this is the top car vacuum cleaner on the market. We highly recommend it.
It is always annoying to pay extra cash to use a vacuum at the car wash; it is always counting down the seconds and barely does anything! Metro Vac ‘n’ Blow 4.0 solves that problem by providing desirable power and flexibility in the comfort of your garage.
The American-made vacuum provides improbable suctioning that cleans your car in almost no time. Let’s look at what features make the Metro be your dirt chaser.
- The Model Scheme – The unit is compact with a carrying handle, and we liked the 6-foot hose attached to the 4.0 peak horsepower unit. There are extension wands with varying lengths and a crevice tool to handle the tight corners.
More importantly, there are carpet and floor attachments to handle more cleaning other than the car’s interior. You can consider it lightweight if you perform extended cleaning since the design and power are made to handle all the fiercely dirty areas.
- More Cleaning Dedication – With more than ten attachments, the Metro can be considered as one of the most versatile units on our list. The crevice tool will make things better when exploring the tight spots and another feature that we love is how you can wash the car and then use the air blower to dry the exterior before finishing with a smooth towel touch. There is also a dusting brush for you that can work on the dashboard, and the filter bag is reusable, too.
- Easy Movement – First, there is a handle to carry the tool while moving. Second, the shoulder strap also helps you carry it, and it also comes in handy when cleaning. You also don’t have to worry when moving around since the 4-wheel dolly follows you around your vehicle with ease. The 6-foot hose combined with the two 20-inch extensions mean that this vacuum will reach most distances with ease. An additional extension cord may be needed.
Here is a piece of equipment that will take cleaning to new heights. If want a bigger vacuum cleaner to handle extensive cleaning tasks, Metro Vac ‘n’ blow is a great choice. With enhanced movement mechanisms, you don’t have to worry about how safe the steel-case equipment is when moving to and fro.
If you are looking for something to handle detailed cleaning, you should go for this car vacuum. There is one thing that makes the Metro a suitable candidate for use in the car, and that is the fact that it can handle so many attachments.
If you are also looking for more power when cleaning and have a dirt free car in less time, don’t misjudge the vacuum cleaner due to its size.
Who owns a garage or a large shop and has more than one car present that needs cleaning? Well, the Hoover L2310 wall-mounted utility vacuum solves both problems for you. While you may not be able to carry it around like most of the other units on our list (this is a wall-mounted vacuum), the performance and convenience are still superb. Let us look at the specifications on this equipment that explain why you should go for this option.
- The Model Scheme – The vacuum comes bagless, and you can mount it on the wall using the provided screws. If the mounting area is different and requires larger screws, that’s not a problem.
We love how powerful this 10-amp vacuum cleaner is and the fact that it is unexpectedly silent. It has a large, 5-gallon tank and a long hose – 30 ft. to be precise – and it includes numerous attachments that can be used for a variety of car cleaning needs. The all-steel canister body isn’t an eyesore on the wall, and there are no added costs required for replacement filters.
- Attachments – The Hoover L2310 comes with seven attachments, including floor nozzles, crevice tools, extension wands, upholstery nozzles and dusting brushes. All this makes cleaning a car interior so much easier.
- Easy Movement While Cleaning – It is fixed on the wall, so you will be the one moving as the 30-foot hose extends to your current position. The 10-amp motor is powerful enough to handle large debris, so the only thing you need to focus on is where to clean; this is awesome since the vacuum can be in the garage and you can move to the cars’ location without much hustle.
- Ease of Use – You have an extended hose to help you as you move. Feasibility also extends to having more attachments to tackle dirt depending on the area and a filter that doesn’t require constant replacement. The filter has to be occasionally cleaned, however. As the prolonged tests have proven, you will use this vacuum for more than the 3-year warranty period, without having any major issues.
- Storage – The first part of crowding your space was solved by being able to mount it on the wall. There is also an accessory bag that you can hang on the wall too to hold things. Also included is a storage rack to hang the hose when you are done.
We like the idea of this vacuum being bagless, and it is also has a self-cleaning mechanism, so you save money on replacement filters and bags. It offers strong suction power that you won’t find on any other vacuums in the same caliber. The hose is long enough to counter the distances making it a favorite when having multiple cars and a large garage to clean.
After trying it, we called it a super vacuum cleaner. It also has a larger debris container, so you have the advantage of cleaning everything in the first round without emptying in between.
The Ridgid vac4010 wet and dry vacuum is a monster cleaner with a multifunctional tool that combines wet and dry capabilities and a handheld blower. With a 6.0 peak horsepower, the motor is meant to tackle every kind of mess in your car. Converting to a blower takes almost no time when working on the leaves. Here are some of the features that we explored.
- The Model Scheme – The vacuum cleaner features a 6.0 peak horsepower motor that is designed to work on quick cleanups despite the nature of the mess. With a 4-gallon drum, you have enough capacity to clean up all kinds of spills in your car and even the workshop. To reduce the cleanup time when handling the leaves, we detached the hand-held blower using the locking wand, which was quick and easy. There are large rear wheels and casters that make it easy to transport from one location to another, and they also give you a lengthy 7-foot hose and the 20-foot power cord.
- The Wet, Dry and Blower Combination – This model can clean both solid and liquid messes, making it a favorite. When you push the latch, the power head comes off easily and what do you have? A blower that has more power than the leaf blower!
- Easy Cleaning Mechanism – This vacuum makes cleaning a cinch. There is one layer of patented pleated paper filter that captures dirt as you clean. A Qwik Lock filter fastening method is there to ease the installation and removal of the filter. When using the hose, there is a 7-foot Tug-A-long hose lock that makes sure it stays intact. You can use the carrying handle when transporting the equipment to and from the car.
- The Hose and Accessories – The sturdy 8-foot hose is made to stay put. Craggy hose ribbing makes it more durable than the standard types so that you won’t experience collapsing or crimping. All the accessories are neatly stored for easy reach. The rear storage compartment holds two extension and the blowing wands, car, and utility nozzles. There is less time spent on working on the 20-foot cord due to the easy-to-turn quick release knob.
This is a model that will make your cleaning enjoyable no matter how dirty your car is. Everything in it is made to be durable, and the storage for accessories is a desirable quality that can’t be ignored. It should be a top choice for you if you’re in need of the best car vacuum that can handle both solid and liquid spills.
The hose and accessories that come with the vacuum do not disappoint. The right tool will always make a difference, and that is what the Ridgid vac4010 accomplishes once you purchase it.
If you are experiencing the worst from most of your vacuums, then it’s time you considered the Armor All AA255. This is a vacuum cleaner made for car and homeowners who often find that they need to suck up both solids and liquids, regardless of the surface. The noise out of the vacuum won’t disturb family members too much (for a vacuum, anyways), and some of its most notable features include the following:
- The Design Scheme – It is not a small vacuum when compared to the hand-held, but you can still carry it to your car with ease. The 2.5-gallon tank is large enough to accommodate an entire car clean up without emptying the contents half way through your cleaning session. Attached is a 6-foot stretch hose that allows you to access every part of your car’s interior without having to move the entire vac. One thing we noted; the hose has a standard 1.25-inch diameter that enables you to fit a wide variety of attachments from other vacuums. A very handy feature if you already have existing tools from previous vacs! You can carry it by using the strong handle at the top, which can also serve as a cord wrapping point.
- Attachments – This equipment comes with five different tools that can be used as needed. They include a wide scoop that goes for the narrow but long crevices between the car seats and a crevice tool for the small and tight spots. There is also a brush designed to dust off and clean the surfaces such as the dashboard and a blower option suitable when concentrating airflow in one area when removing dirt. At the upper backend is a storage area that carries three tools.
- Suction Power – The motor in the vacuum gives 2 HP, which is a considerable amount of sucking power for dirt and debris removal; this is a suitable option that works when handling to both wet and dry pickups.
- Safety – When the tank is full, the vacuum automatically shuts off using the auto shut off feature to preventing overflow.
You might note some flaws in the Armor All AA255 vac, but after running the tests, it is still a superb cleaner that will serve you well. The power is consistent when vacuuming and the storage capacity allows you to clean large areas without emptying. The attachments offer a range of uses too not forgetting the wet/dry and blower functionalities that all come in handy.
Despite the large and compact model, it is lightweight when carrying it and it can also be used at home. The attachments are designed to work on dirt and also happens to be an ideal solution for pet hair. The filters are reusable, thereby saving costs of buying new ones after a short while.
Dyson manufacturers have worked on one of their latest models to bring in a revolution in cleaning that uses batteries. The Dyson V6 trigger comes with a new head designed to clean your car and small spills on hard flooring. The V6 also comes in a version designed for pet hair if you need the animal specific cleaning heads. Owning this equipment means that you have a small cordless vac with the power of larger vacuum cleaners. Here is a presentation of its features.
- The Model Scheme – The modern gadget was thoughtfully made to make sure that it is comfortable to use. First, the power button is made to be different from the on/off switch that we are used to – it’s more of the point and shoot trigger. Other vacuums normally keep running until they are turned off, which makes this model a bit more energy efficient considering that it runs on a battery.
When using it to clean, you will easily be able to tackle your entire car’s interior in about 20 minutes; however, you should note that this vacuum cleaner is designed to handle small pieces of dirt when doing a quick clean up; this makes it suitable if you are considering it as a secondary vacuum.
- Dust Capacity and Lightness – This claim is supported by the 0.4-liter dust capacity, which is considerably less than most vacuums, making it a good choice if you opt to purchase it for the car. The less capacity contributes to the light feature and feasibility. It doesn’t go hard on your wrist since it only weighs 2.3 pounds. The center of gravity is concentrated around the arm area, making it easy when holding.
- Accessories – There are plenty of accessories to tackle every part of the cleaning procedure. There is a motorized cleaning head for the carpets that uses more power, a standard one, as well as a crevice tool and a bristled extension to handle some mild areas.
They all fit directly to the body, or at the end of the 3-foot long extension. The dexterity is extended to wall mounted docking station. The dock is fixed to the wall using screws where you can also charge the vacuum in between the cleaning session, and accommodate two attachments. The charging specification is a counter measure considering the short 20-minute battery life.
It is an awesome cordless vacuum that can be used to clean the car and small house cleaning chores. The capacity limitation makes it a secondary option if your car is larger or you need a vacuum that can handle the car and your house too.
The V6 can be used to clean your car considering the small size and small dust capacity. Its power doesn’t fade while in use and its versatility enables it to handle every challenge in its way.
7. Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51 – Best Car Vacuum for Dog Hair
You may accuse this model of being similar to their prior, but the Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51 corded handheld vacuum is much more advanced to pursue general cleaning. The power cord is longer to cover the distances without having to switch to another power source, and the included attachments enable easy cleaning of your car and your home, too, when it needs a touch-up.
Besides other giants in the car vacuum category, it is necessary to consider a tiny vacuum that can do a lot with high capacity. Here are the features that compose the Bissell machine.
- The Model Scheme – The portable Bissell 47R51 is shaped to be comparatively safe and easy when gripping it. A powerful 4-amp motor, on the other hand, operates consistently as the fittings stay intact until cleaning is done. The carrying handle is placed above and near the switch so that you can flip to on/off mode when need be.
It was fun using it to clean a whole car and a living room space using the available power sources once – no outlet change until we were done. The power cord made this possible by stretching to a full 18 feet in length.
- Accessories – This model is accompanied by a rubber contour nozzle, a wide mouth tool, a 2-foot hose, and a crevice tool for the tiny places. All this will get dirt to the HEPA filter, which captures everything that makes the car look untidy.
- Easy Cleaning Mechanism – Bissell developers manufactured the 47R51 equipment to be light and portable for the sake of supporting a variety of cleaning schedules. Everything is located to make it convenient to use, and the handle provides an undisputed grip.
The cord is long to provide a sufficient cleaning radius using the power source in the proximity as you check the level of dust collected via the transparent dust cup. Removing the dust cup comes off with a latch. Its body is narrow and the lightness makes you move with it around the house without much straining.
You will spend extra money for the Cleanview Deluxe corded hand vacuum due to the additional attachments available in the package. The 18-foot power cord move was a necessary one if you consider using the vacuum for more than car cleaning. It is light, so using it for long periods will not hurt your arms or back. You do, however, need to use extra effort when tackling pet hair.
There are some complaints about the poor design of vents; this might discourage the idea of buying a Bissell, but when using it appropriately, it does well on pet hair, and the extra accessories are made to be dirt conquerors. The air vent problem, however, is reduced when you use the hose.
At first glance, this unit looks like a toy for kids, but rest assured that it is a powerful Shop-Vac for the adults. The Shop-Vac 1.5-Gallon AllAround EZ Wet and Dry Vacuum cleaner is a ‘toy’ for those who need their car clean, plain and simple. Don’t underrate it because of the looks! It is a highly powerful vacuum that can handle full cleaning sessions in minutes.
For those of us who would like to use it in the house, there are no restrictions since the attached dolly makes it easy to tow. Here are the features that made this model be included in the review list.
- The Model Scheme – The wet and dry vacuum cleaner comes with 2.0 peak HP that can work on a lengthy stairway in about 15 minutes. The time will be of course less when attending to your car. Having an 18-foot power cord means you have to consider a close power source and it comes with a wall mount bracket if you want to store it off the floor.
When moving, the dolly has its four canisters to roll and follow you as you clean. It is very light, despite the size. You can carry it with one hand using the top carry handle as you clean with the other.
The vac also comes with a foam sleeve filter and a collection bag. There is a specification of using a reusable dry filter disc if you don’t use the one provided. It is a good option if there is much cleaning to be done. The machine is somehow noisy, despite the quiet operation specification of the motor.
- Accessories – There is a range of accessory tools to use with the vacuum which includes a 7-foot friction fit hose, extension wands, a gulper nozzle, crevice tool, a dual surface nozzle, a round brush and the wall mounting bracket. The suction power heavily depends on the tool in use, so it will differ when you’re cleaning areas requiring specific gears.
- Easy Cleaning Mechanism – The vac is small enough to go through the door, and it doesn’t tip over when the cord gets it stuck up as opposed to most vacuum cleaners. It will always follow you as you clean and pull the cord.
Carrying is enabled by the top or side tank handles. We tried not to engage the vacuum bags during the cleaning test, which was still fine, but there is a difference in suction power when using the bags.
It is a handy vacuum that has the sucking power needed to clean your car, your home or in the shop. It is also very light, making it easy to carry around; however, there is a dolly that will help the vac move when you don’t want to carry it.
It’s not that small, but it is indeed light. The designers adhered to movement and flexibility by having a dolly to follow you with a long cord and hose going hand in hand with the distance. The capacity to store dirt is large enough for a full swing cleaning, but if you want to add an optional bag, nothing should stop you.
Sometimes, life gets busy, and all you do is to get things in order, so cleaning your car is the last thing on your mind. The Dirt Devil SD20005RED Scorpion comes to simplify the cleaning part by being small, compact and powerful, so you won’t have much trouble reaching all areas of your vehicle in less time. It is an excellent choice if you want a vacuum cleaner that is easy to operate and maintain as you keep up with your busy schedule.
- The Model Scheme – The Dirt Devil has a 7-amp motor incorporated to deliver enough suction power to clean up everything from pet hair to dust in your car. A 16-foot cord is also available to power the vac, and the length is suitable when you want to reach further as you clean without having to switch the power source.
It is a bag-less model, so we did not have to worry about fitting any dust bags when using it to clean cars. Emptying and cleaning the equipment, however, is inevitable from time to time. There is a fold down part on the Scorpion that helps clean tight places. Its lightness favors cleaning with just one hand.
- Accessories – The little but powerful Red Scorpion has some fittings to consider. They include a quick flip crevice tool, a hose, a shoulder strap that helps you in carrying, and a dusting brush to help cleaning the upholstery. The accessories don’t deteriorate the sucking power, something that can happen in some handheld vacuums.
- Easy Cleaning Mechanism – You can hold it with one hand as you clean the car seats and the carpet. Despite it being small, the power is not from the batteries since there is a power cord that is long enough to cover most distances. The bag-less design allows you to just pick up the vac and start cleaning, then empty the contents in the trash after you are done. It’s that simple.
This vacuum cleaner scored well when we tested it to pick up small debris. It is not an option to go for when you need to vacuum more often or when undertaking general cleaning. Nonetheless, it will do simple and fast cleaning when you need to get rid of dust and hair from your car before going to that important meeting or a pending evening class.
It might not be one of the recommendations that a friend or other reviewers can give you, but it a small vacuum cleaner that does not require much protocol. If you are a student or somebody with a busy schedule without much time to dedicate to cleaning, then go for this machine. It will serve you well.
The Hotor car vacuum cleaner is a dedicated 12-volt DC equipment that has a strong suction power and comes with a cigarette lighter charger. For the handheld vac model lovers, here is one that is easy and straightforward to use, and you know that you will always have a power source within reach.
It is convenient in every way from how you clean to how you maintain it and store it. Here are the specifications that come with the Hotor vacuum.
- The Model Scheme – It is a metal-cased smooth vacuum cleaner that provides a high 106W suction power without being too noisy. It is suitable to pick every dirty bit in your car and it didn’t heat up when we used it thanks to the wide-diameter 16.4-foot power cord. The cord also makes you avoid the irregularities brought by battery powering.
The shield is designed to keep the dust in the dust cup until you are done. We cannot disregard the multifunction feature of this tiny machine – it can be used to pick up wet and dry dirt.
- Accessories – Buying this machine means you have and extension hose, a crevice tool, brush attachment and a carrying case for all. If handled properly, you will have nothing to report to the manufacturer for quite a long time. One more thing; there is an extra filter attachment that you can install before cleaning if the other one is still wet at the time of cleaning.
- Convenience and Storage – All you need to worry about when storing this vac is the bag that houses it and all the accessories. This way, you can keep it in the trunk or leave it in the garage. Cleaning it involves pulling the Hypalon filter out, discarding the dirt and washing it with the brush accessory. Doing this will also make it last longer.
The included accessories enable you to clean every part of your car including the unreachable parts. Since you have a 15-foot power cord, you will be able to traverse the car with ease. A tip when using this model; keep the suction nozzle face and the absorbed face parallel to each other when cleaning to collect more dirt. The switch button is near the carrying handle, which is easy to reach when you want to put the Hotor on or off.
This is a convenient vacuum cleaner for the car for those of you who prefer a handheld that is not battery powered. The cigarette lighter charger was a wise move made by the designers so you can power it in the car, and the extra filter saves the day if you haven’t washed the other one (or if it’s not yet dry).
Also, its easy storage that involves a carrying bag with a zipper is likable for those of us who experience space limitation. In terms of price and functionality, this is a great budget-friendly option for those of you who don’t want to spring for something like the Dyson V6 Trigger.
For quite a long time, the Black & Decker manufacturers have been working to produce better vacuum cleaners. The Black + Decker CHV1410L is a good example of that since it exhibits huge improvements in suction power, not to mention the longer battery life. Deploying the Lithium-ion battery makes the vacuum power fade free. It’s a great option due to the charging specification as well as the life of the CHV1410L.
- The Model Scheme – The model is always ready to clean when charged. Everything in it is designed to be at the right position. All you need to do is make the right adjustments when performing various tasks. The 16-volt vac holds a charge up to 18 months with a lithium ion battery, making sure that suction power is as intended.
Long life battery means that you can perform a number quick cleaning tasks without charging the device. Also, you won’t experience memory effect after long-term use. We ran the vacuum for 15 minutes and there were no signs of weaker suction.
It is very light though the flat charging position needs you to locate a position where it can stand on its own and undisturbed.
- Accessories – Almost everything is onboard. The hand vac comes with a washable pre-filter, an extra filter, and a crevice tool that can be pulled out from the nozzle. The crevice tool should be fully extended if you want to lock in place. The brush is also onboard, which you can simply flip up to use. The charging base is flat; simply twist the vacuum to the base with the nozzle facing up, plug in the charger and there you go!
- Performance and Life Battery – This model comes with ‘Smart Charge Technology.’ It contributes to using less energy while at the same time providing 15.2 watts or 23 air watts. When cleaning, the filter is kept clean by cyclonic action. You can rotate the nozzle, which is slim to counter the tight spaces, and cleaning is taken to the next level when you pull out the crevice tool.
You can use the vacuum to perform small and quick cleaning for months before you think of recharging. It is noisy when in use, but this isn’t a deal breaker for many (nor for us).
- Cleaning and Maintenance – The translucent dust bowl makes it possible to see the filling dirt and know when to empty. It can be easily detached and emptied by first removing the nozzle compartment, using the side buttons and the filter. Both bowl and filter are washable.
It might not be the ultimate performer, but it does a pretty good job cleaning dust and pet hair from car seats. It’s simple to use and maneuver, and the battery life is a unique property that other battery powered car vacuums can worship. It is comfortable to hold the B&D CHV1410L model by the handle. Something worth noting is the slim 360-degree rotating nozzle that has an attached brush and crevice tool; a very handy feature!
While it may be noisy and not the best choice for cleaning carpeting, we did find it to be an excellent choice for cleaning car seats and for cleaning up spills around the home.
The Eureka 71B Easy Clean vacuum is another handheld that is certainly versatile. With a 5.5-amp motor, this vac offers better suction than most handhelds with a hose available to take cleaning further. Other than your car, you can also use it to clean upholstery in the house and the stairs, too. It does well on the stairs, but the experience was different when testing it for car cleaning. The crevice tool showed an inability to clean the seat corners effectively. Despite the disappointment, it did well on flat surfaces.
- The Model Scheme – This black and yellow compact machine has the right amount of suction power for a handheld. We loved how it performed on carpets and car’s upholstery. There is a 20-foot power cord that offers you strong, dependable suction from start to finish, no matter how long your cleaning session lasts.
The risor-visor – a small transparent plastic plate that covers the brush roll – makes it suitable for horizontal and vertical cleaning. You don’t need a dust vacuum bag since the dust cup is available and transparent too.
- Cleaning Performance – First, we approve the sucking power of the Eureka 71B. It’s vigorous enough to clean every bit of dirt available. While it is a fantastic option when cleaning flat parts, the crevice tool seems to struggle when handling the contours. The vacuum comes corded so plugging it requires you to be near a power source. The best part is that the power supply is constant, allowing you to clean thoroughly from start to finish.
We cannot forget its mastery on pet hair. If you are fond of welcoming a zoo of pets in your car, this vacuum will pick up every hair with ease.
*A tip for you: always hold it in a horizontal position for best results.
- Accessories – They include a detachable hose and a crevice tool.
- Maintenance – You need to change the filter once in a while, and also clean the brush after using the vac cleaner. It is also a good idea to keep checking the hose for clogs, too. You will note that as the dust cup gets full, the filter will get clogged up and this minimizes suction power. Emptying it regularly and dusting off the filter solves the problem. Removing the dust cup should be done with care since it can get messy when emptying; dust has a tendency of popping out without warning. The long cord can be wrapped at the back part of the vacuum for easy storage.
It is an ideal solution to car vacuuming if you need a vacuum with a long cord and something to tackle quick pickups. Pet owners can count on it to make sure the surfaces are always clean. The plastic flip is a genius move to help you tackle flat parts with ease but if you need to work on the corners and other unreachable places, find something better. Overall performance is definitely tolerable.
Once again, the B&D dealers have one more vacuum cleaner that we feature in our review due to its performance. The Black +Decker FHV1200W cordless mini flex canister vac is a great little vacuum that has features needed to clean your car thoroughly. It is quite a performer when cleaning the car seats and carpets; however, the battery life is not something that you can count on for very long.
It can be a challenge during initial use, but you will get used to it after the first two uses. The power is always at the peak, and the accessories work together with the vacuum cleaner to bring an outstanding effect.
- The Model Scheme – It is a cordless canister vacuum cleaner with peak power performance aided by a motor. You don’t have any trouble with cords thereby increasing maneuver options. Also fixed is a 4-foot hose that helps you attend to tighter positions.
As you are vacuuming, the vac undertakes a 3-stage filtration process while the cyclonic action keeps the filter from getting dust. It is easy to learn and use despite the first time hurdles and it comes bagless. The dirt canister can be emptied once it is filled and you can consider customized filters to use as replacements.
- Accessories – The FHV1200W Black & Decker model has a range of accessories to prove its worth. First is the previously mentioned filter replacement option. The hose is also replaceable, and there is a crevice tool to handle the crannies.
We are not yet done. You can also fix nozzle brushes, brush tools, and other pet hair removal kits. Being cordless means that you have a charger to power it not forgetting the included storage caddy and dishwasher safe.
- Compatibility – Other than what comes with the package, the equipment was bizarre even when connected with other accessories. We also tried to replace the motor to maximize the power, and the machine was still blowing without a hitch. As long as there is a hose that can replace the original, you are also good to go.
- Usefulness – The switch button is just next to the handle so switching on will require almost no movement. Its powerful motor can pick up dirt and slightly larger debris, but the battery is a flaw. The power will go for less time, and you have to charge it for at least 21 hours before using it for the first time.
Designed to offer high suction power in a cordless model, the Hoover BH52160PC vacuum cleaner comes with a powered turbo tool to clean dirt in your car. You can also plug it in Hoover’s air cordless 2-in-1 vacuums since the battery provides fade-free suction power. When compared to other vacuums, there is more flexibility and maneuverability for this choice. Let’s look at the features that make it a car cleaner’s choice.
- The Model Scheme – It is a lightweight handheld vacuum cleaner that can be used with Hoover’s aisle of air cordless vacuums if you need to clean carpets or a hard floor. Its power is fade free, which implies a quick cleaning in your car with no interrupts. The interchangeable 20-volt lithium battery powers the turbo tool to pick up tiny dust and pet hair. It was, however, quite a contest when picking larger dirt particles, but we were able to finish up on time before the battery went low. In the compartment is a washable filter that can be replaced. At the back part is an ergonomically designed handle that you can hold for long without experiencing fatigue.
- Accessories – Other than the powerful turbo, there is a crevice tool that handles the corners and contours of car seats well. A triple-blade pet upholstery tool is also available, and there is a removable power head brush roll. The Lithium battery can be replaced as long as the substitute is compatible.
- Battery Life and Usability – We decided to address this issue due to the inconveniences experienced after the purchase. The battery that comes with the device should be charged for 9 hours before using it. The run time can be less than 30 minutes, the time offered by the extended life batteries, which take up to 12 hours to charge. The extended type is more expensive, a cost that you have to bear if you need to replace.
There is a charger for the battery structured for the 9-hour charge. If you opt for a more powerful choice, go for the Lithium Life battery charger, and you will save 6-7 hours of charging time; this, again, calls for more funding.
We found out that you cannot use a hose while vacuuming the car and the vac cannot handle wet pickups. The filter is washable and replaceable, but it will take more time before drying up. The good thing is that the package has an extra filter.
If you are looking for a battery powered handheld vacuum for spot or quick dust cleaning or specifically for pet hair removal, this one will save the day.
It doesn’t have the desired battery life especially after looking at the input-output ratio but making the necessary changes will remedy the situation. The crevice tool handles the unreachable areas quite well.
Last, but not least, is a stylish vacuum that contributes to car cleanliness, more precisely when removing pet hair. The SV780 Shark Pet Perfect II handheld vacuum has the required peak performance despite the short battery life. It is a good option for quick car cleanups and easy to use. There is a semi-transparent container to watch what happens inside as you vacuum, included attachments and a charging stand since it is cordless.
- The Model Scheme – The vac is powered by an 18-volt battery that needs to be charged for 16 hours before use (that’s less than some of the other vacuums we tried, so this isn’t too bad). If it’s new, you will have to charge it for 24 hours before you can use it, which is quite a long time. The suction power is sufficient to pick little dirt particles on the car seats and dust from the dashboard. Cyclonic action in the vacuum cleaner protects the filter from getting dirty, so the performance is the same as the dust cup fills up. At the front is a motorized brush that can remove pet hair during the 15 minutes or so running time. The charging stand can be mounted on the wall.
- Performance and Maintenance – The motorized brush does quite a decent job when cleaning the seats. Larger debris, however, were spat out during our tests but removing the brush tool solved the problem. It is very effective when cleaning pet hair and the upholstery too. It would be better if it were possible to rotate the brush roll so that your wrist doesn’t feel worked up.
Cleaning the filter requires that you push the release button to get the dust cup away from the motor. Pull the filter, empty the dust cup, and then proceed to wash the filter. You also need extra filters since you will be washing them quite often.
- Accessories – The vac comes with three attachments: the motorized brush roll, a brush tool, and a crevice. The charging station can also be used as a storage case for the accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Vacuums
- What is the right car vacuum for me based on the time I spend cleaning? Take a look at how much time you spend when cleaning. If you take longer than a few minutes to clean your car, a cordless vacuum would never fit within the context. To cover long cleaning periods, either go for a corded vacuum or choose one of the models with a lithium-ion battery, which will go full swing until the battery dies – slightly above 20 minutes, normally.
- Which is the best car vacuum for pet hair removal? This is the brutal truth; pet hair is always difficult to remove. Nonetheless, you can handle the mess by getting a portable vacuum with hoses that can extend and rubberized pet hair attachments to pick up the hair easily.
We personally recommend the Bissell Cleanview Deluxe 47R51 Corded Handheld Vacuum or the Shark Cordless Pet Perfect II Hand Vac from our personal experience with pet hair removal.
- How long does it take to charge a rechargeable vacuum? Some cordless car vacuums will stay on the plug up to 24 hours, though there are portable ones with a lithium-ion battery that will charge quicker – 2 to 4 hours for some of them.
- Can a car vacuum reach all the tight corners? This might seem to be an obvious question, but not all will be able to knock off dirt from the hard-to-reach areas. It mainly depends on the type of model chosen. If you go through our reviews, we will help you understand which models are better at reaching the small nooks and crannies.
- What are some of the qualities that make a car vacuum desirable? There are actually two things that we can advocate when it comes to the car vacuum: portability and weight.
Being portable means that you want something that can move easily and doesn’t require too much storage space.
Lightweight would go hand in hand with being handheld: something that you can handle with one hand and is light enough to make the operation smooth. The feather-like quality would not favor those looking for bigger, more powerful vacuums.
Our Final Thoughts on Car Vacuums
Now that you have gone through the various car vacuums in our guide, you should have a good idea of what to choose from.
Our top five products are what most of those reading this guide should go for, but some of their flaws could make you go for other options in the list. There were various issues in the first five, including noisy units, flexibility and maneuverability constraints.
If the above aspects are a bother to you when cleaning your car, you may choose to go for one of the other ten options. All have pros and cons to take into consideration before you choose, but now that you can easily compare and contrast them side by side, you will have no problem choosing one.
Do you have any questions or thoughts on car vacuums? Comments are welcome below.